Thursday, October 31, 2013

Filter Bubbles

I learned that filter bubbles aren't always a good thing when it comes to searching for things in the internet. Mainly because it puts you in a catagory that it thinks you should be in based off of recent searches that you've made. 

 This doesn't really change what I see, but I will now know that what I see isn't what should be seeing. It's editing out the stuff that I might be looking for and that just makes it hareder for me to find the subject. 

This video raises questions like, is there a way they can tweak the filter bubble by not editing out stuff it thinks we don't want to see? Will they ever take off the filter bubble or will there always be one? 

I think I can improve the effectiveness of my searches by going on Duck Duck Go.com instead of going on google. 

No comments:

Post a Comment